Built 1814 on land leased by the Anson Family.
Appears under Gorleston in the early census returns.
Provisional removal of licence to 73 Southtown Road, 9th March 1945,
confirmed 13th April 1945.
Final grant of licence to new location granted 4th November 1958.
Relocated 1958 on the
opposite side of Southtown Road.
Opened at new site 04.11.1958
Address became 73 Southtown Road.
Steward & Patteson records state that the house was damaged by enemy action ( undated
) during WWII. It seems that the house was repaired and trading continued from 1945. The
same records confirm that the full licence was removed 1958 from 243 Southtown Road to new
premises, formerly a private dwelling house, immediately opposite at 73 Southtown Road.
The original premises were subsequently sold unlicensed.