NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BUSH Gt. YARMOUTH B index P index T index
Peace & Plenty
15 SOUTH QUAY St. GEORGES WARD FULL LICENCE CLOSED 1921
Gt. YARMOUTH LICENCE REGISTERS Y/CJ/31 - Y/CJ/32 ( February 1903 - February 1953 )
JAMES ADCOCK brewer Conveyed 1804 as the Peace & Plenty to Dawson Turner, one fourth part of Paget & Co.
PAGET & Co ( 1819 - Peace & Plenty ) 1824
BULLARDS by 1862
Licensees :
JOHN BARNES  ** Peace & Plenty ** 1819
GEORGE WICKS 1822
WILLIAM TEMPLE 1824
ROBERT ANDREW BARNABY 1830
DANIEL DAVEY 1832 - 1839
JOHN FREEMAN 1844
WILLIAM GRANT 1845
CHARLES LEGGETT 1846
WILLIAM RICHARD CROWE
age 58 in 1851
1850 - 1856
JAMES PUMFREY
& corn meter & assistant crane master
Age 45 in 1871
1856 - 1888
HENRY PHILIP GOODA 1890
PHILIP GOODA 1892
W BRIDGES 1894
BENJAMIN CHARLES BALLS by 1896
BENJAMIN ARTHUR BALLS 03.02.1909
ALICE BALLS 10.01.1913
THOMAS JOHN KEMP 11.04.1919

The PEACE & PLENTY when conveyed to Paget from brewer James Adcock in 1804.
Said to have previously been the THREE MARINERS


Referenced in a re-conveyance dated 20th August 1862 as being the property of Richard Bullard.
The same document records that the house was previously known as the
THREE MARINERS, then the PEACE & PLENTY and now the BUSH TAVERN.
Former occupants are identified as
Robert Butcher Barnaby
afterwards of Alfred King,
late of William Grant.
Dates of occupation are not given. 

 Referred to Compensation 04.03.1912 & again 31.03.1921. 

Decision to close by Compensation made 8th July 1921


Licence expired 27.10.1921.

 

Thanks to Pat Johnson - www.familydeeds.co.uk for the information regarding Three Mariners & Peace & Plenty.