NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
EARL BEACONSFIELD Gt. YARMOUTH E index
1 NORTH DENES ROAD St. NICHOLAS  WARD FULL LICENCE -
Gt. YARMOUTH LICENCE REGISTERS Y/CJ/31 & Y/CJ/32 ( February 1903 - February 1953 ) & PS 18/14/2&3 ( 1953 - 1980 )
LACON & Co     
WHITBREAD  
Licensees :
WILLIAM ROBERT KNIGHTS by 1896
Mrs ELIZABETH KNIGHTS 1900 - 1901
WILLIAM RICHARD ALEXANDER by 1903
WILLIAM FREDERICK ALEXANDER 14.07.1931
HARRY BURGESS 27.08.1940
EDGAR RUPERT SMITH 22.10.1946
FRANK VICTOR BUTTIFANT 09.06.1959
JOHN RICHARD McBRIDE 11.11.1960
PERCIVAL MILTON WISEMAN 13.12.1960
RAY LEONARD KING 05.12.1974
-  
June 2008

Address as 42 Beaconsfield Road in 1892.

Benjamin Disraeli was created Earl Of Beaconsfield in 1876.

Found in directories as EARL OF BEACONSFIELD 1896, 1900, 1904,1908, 1912,
1916, 1922, 1925, 1929 & 1937, but appears in all known photographs as the
EARL BEACONSFIELD.

 

Observed to be closed and to let January 2014

 

There was an iron, four-masted sailing ship the Earl Beaconsfield, belonging to the Port of Glasgow. She weighed in at 1,960 tons gross and 1,893 tons net register. 
The ship was launched 17th January 1884 and sailed for San Francisco on 26th January with a crew of 32 hands, one stowaway and a cargo 2,867 tons.
Unfortunately the cargo shifted in `hurricane ' conditions.
The ship was abandoned on 13th February but later towed into Greenock for unloading of cargo and repair. Later in 1884 on voyage from Greenock to San Francisco, the ship was again abandoned, this time on fire.
No further record yet found.

 

See p. 30 of `Gt. Yarmouth Archive Photos ' pub 1995