NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
FALCON Gt. YARMOUTH E index
F index
36 NORTH QUAY
ROW 28
St NICHOLAS WARD FULL LICENCE CLOSED 1940
Gt. YARMOUTH LICENCE REGISTERS Y/CJ/31 & Y/CJ/32 ( February 1903 - February 1953 ) & PS 18/14/2 ( 1953 - 1973 )
LACON & Co  
Licensees :
-
-  
CHARLES REUBEN MOULD 1896
ARTHUR W TWIDDY 1900 - 1901
ALFRED OSBORNE by 1903
EDWARD THOMAS MOORE 14.04.1905
ROBERT CHARLES JOHNSON 16.06.1911
JAMES TYRELL 17.11.1911
Convicted 10.07.1912 of selling out of hours.
Fine 20/- or 14 days detention.
Cautioned Tuesday 4th February 1913 for past conviction - Licence renewed.
FREDERICK IVAN COLEMAN 26.09.1913
MARTHA GOLDING 11.08.1916
WILLIAM GOLDING 10.08.1920
JOHN NEWTON 18.09.1923
FRANK SEYMOUR 31.12.1929
HARRY BURGESS 22.10.1940


Located at the South West corner of Row 28 ( The Conge ).

Previously known as the EXCURSION TRAIN TAVERN.

Closed for the duration of WWII according to a letter dated 01.10.1940,
never to reopen.

Licence removed to the ELEPHANT & CASTLE  7th February 1958


Demolished in 1950's - site became a garage.
In the 1970's offices were built on the site.

Curiously the licence registers record that the 
licence of Lacons Brewery, which had been awarded to
Charles Thomas Banham 18th August 1953
was transferred to this address 28th May 1970
on behalf of Whitbread ( London ) Ltd
under the name of the Terence Peter Glasheen
at the Falcon Stores.


See p. 86 of ` Gt. Yarmouth In Old Photographs ' pub 1994.