NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
HALF MOON Gt. YARMOUTH H index
16 MARKET PLACE St. NICHOLAS WARD FULL LICENCE See EDINBURGH
FREE TRADE 1819
PAGET & Co by 1824
SEAMAN, GRIMMER & Co. by 1858
Licensees :
-  
Mrs MILLER
Died here 2nd October 1780
1778 - 1780
WILLIAM SHREEVE 1788
-  
ROBERT FLEMMING 1819
WILLIAM CLARKE 1824 - 1830
ROBERT PLANE 1836 - 1846
ROBERT HUDSON
age 30 in 1851
1850 - 1851
WILLIAM PARMENTER
( age 54 in 1851 - see Blue Anchor )
1854
WILLIAM WIGG 1856
WILLIAM GOOCH 1858
HENRY KING 1861 - 1864
WALTER WILLIAM LANE 1865


25th March 1778, Yarmouth.- The Widow Miller at the Half Moon Tavern in the Market Place returns thanks to her customers. She intends to remove on Tuesday 31 March to her new built house in the same Market Place where she will affix the same sign. The Norwich stage coach will remove with Mrs Miller to the new house.

~

To Let 25th September 1788 - ` In the Center of the Market Place and in Full Trade, in the occupation of William Shreeve.'

~
A Smock Wind Mill, situated on the Denes, was sold by auction at these premises 5th June 1813.

~
Old Established Liquor Shop and Tavern, one of the best situations in Yarmouth, to let May 1852.

~

To let as advertised 3rd July 1858, with convenient Liquor Shop and Tap, Large Market-room, Club-room and excellent bed-rooms attached to the house. Spacious Stabling.
Apply Seaman, Grimmer & Co. Wine Merchants, Norwich and Yarmouth.


23rd September 1861 : Henry King was charged by farmer Steward, of Stokesby, of assault. The case was a trifling one and arose from a squabble as to the possession of certain halters. Language was exchanged between the parties, not at all pleasant to ears polite, after which they struck each other. It was proved to the satisfaction of the magistrates that Steward had wilfully put himself in the way of King. The Bench dismissed the trumpery charge.

~

Located on the North side of Row 29, Howard Street to Market Place.

Famed for a skittle alley and concert room.

Became the EDINBURGH by 1869.