NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
MONASTRY Gt YARMOUTH M index
176 - 177 MIDDLEGATE STREET St. GEORGES WARD FULL LICENCE
6 day
  CLOSED 1934
Gt. YARMOUTH LICENCE REGISTERS Y/CJ/31 - Y/CJ/32 ( February 1903 - February 1953 )
PHILIP EDWARD BACK by 1903
BACKS of NORWICH after 1928
Licensees :
PHILIP EDWARD BACK by 1900
Convicted 07.02.1903 of permitting drunkenness.
Fine 40/- plus 17/- costs.
PHILIP GLANDFORD BACK 09.04.1929

The premises backed on to the remains of the Greyfriars Monastery.

The former PRINCE REGENT

It seems that when Philip Back took over the premises the name was changed to the MONASTERY and the name PRINCE REGENT relocated to premises adjoining the ANGEL HOTEL in the Market Place.

Referred to Compensation 02.02.1934.

Licence expired 07.01.1935

Destroyed in 1941