NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
NEWCASTLE TAVERN Gt. YARMOUTH N index
41 SOUTH QUAY NELSON WARD - See FERRY HOTEL
FERRIER & Co pre 1884
STEWARD & PATTESON  
Licensees :
-
-  
-  
ROBERT TOWNSHEND
& mast & block maker
1836 - 1846
LOUISA BARNASCHINA
age 51 in 1851
1850 - 1851
BENJAMIN POWELL 1854 - 1868
JAMES REES 1869
JOSEPH JUBY (?)
& mariner - age 56 in 1871
1871 - 1872
BENJAMIN BARKER 1875 - 1879
ROBERT WATSON 1883
W COX 1886


Benjamin Powell junior was declared bankrupt April 1867.

Located on the South West corner of Row 129, South Quay to Middlegate Street.

Converted from the Northern part of an Elizabethan house.

Originally called the DIANE (or DIANA) PACKET, then the FISHERY.

The property of Robert Townshend when offered for sale by auction Thursday 4th April 1839.
Situated on the Quay and adjoining the Paved Row, leading to the Jetty.
Front Liquor Shop, Keeping-room, Parlour, Porter-room, Kitchen, Wash-house, Yard and other conveniences on the ground floor; an excellent Club-room, with Balcony in front of the Quay, Sleeping-rooms, good beer, wine and liquor cellars, with pump and cistern on the premises.
Immediate possession.


Conveyed 17th June 1884 from George Lucas, William James Steward, John Baker and Jane Parker Ferrier to Donald Steward and Henry Staniforth Patteson.

Became the FERRY HOTEL by 1888, which was a Lacons house, so presumably Steward & Co sold the premises soon after acquisition..