NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
ODDFELLOWS Gt YARMOUTH O index
134 MIDDLEGATE STREET
GAOL STREET
NELSON WARD FULL LICENCE CLOSED by 1951
Gt. YARMOUTH LICENCE REGISTERS Y/CJ/31 - Y/CJ/32 ( February 1903 - February 1953 )
PAGETS  
STEWARD & PATTESON  
Licensees :
EDWARD DANIELLS 1844
JOHN READ 1845
ANN SUFFLING 1850
GEORGE WOODS
& bill poster
1854 - 1858
HENRY SAVORY * 1858 - 1861
( Full ) licence application refused Monday 27th August 1860, as were all the other applications from 24 beerhouses in Yarmouth and Gorleston.
JOHN BUTTERFIELD 1863 - 1865
JOHN SAUL 1868
WILLIAM BARKER
Age 42 in 1871
1869 - 1879
THOMAS RAINER (?) 1881
Mrs. HARRIET ARNOLD 1883 - 1888
ARTHUR BENSLEY 1890
ISAAC MARSHALL 1892
Mrs ELLENOR MARSHALL 1896 - 1900
JAMES HERBERT TYRELL by 1903
ROBERT LAXON 20.11.1903
HORACE ERNEST FARMAN 12.10.1906
ROBERT BROOKS 03.06.1910
ROBERT WILLIAM DOWNES 27.01.1911
Convicted 27.02.1920 of permitting drunkenness.
Fine £20/- or 14 days detention.
JOHN EDMUND GEORGE BARBER 02.01.1923
ELIZA ELIZABETH BARBER 12.07.1927
THOMAS RICHARD JOHN BARBER 13.09.1927
RICHARD GRAND 02.02.1928
GODFREY GEORGE GIBSON 01.01.1929
FREDERICK ERNEST NICHOLS 09.09.1930
JOSEPH WILLIAM CONEY 30.10.1934
HAROLD FRANCIS REILLY 05.04.1938
HARRY SAYERS 01.07.1941
ELISE EDITH REILLY 10.04.1945
HAROLD FRANCIS REILLY 11.12.1945


 
Located on the NE corner of Row 129.

Formerly the DRUIDS HEAD but found as the ODDFELLOWS from 1844.
However in a licensing report of 1860 the name is given as the DRUIDS ARMS and in the 1861 census it is DRUIDS HEAD.

Closed for the duration of WWII according to a letter dated 12.06.1941.
House reopened 16.03.1945.

Damaged by enemy action during WWII - no date given.

Temporary removal of licence, to the HIGHLANDS, Beccles Road, Gorleston, granted 06.04.1948.
Planning removal to the HIGHLANDS granted 09.02.1951.

Property listed in S&P records as sold 1950.