NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
POT IN HAND Gt. YARMOUTH C Index
P index
KING STREET St GEORGES WARD BEERHOUSE See the CHAMPION
PAGET & Co to 23.08.1845
( STEWARD, PATTESON, FINCH & Co ) ( from 1845 )
Licensees :
JAMES ARBON 1819 - 1824
JOHN LONDON 1830  
JOHN KING 1836
LUKE STANFORD 1839  
WILLIAM HAWKINS 1844 - 1845


Note: In 1844 a William John Hawkins is given at a beerhouse at St. George's Gate in addition to this William Hawkins.

Located at the East end of Row 78, Howard Street to King Street.

Originally the COCK,
then the POT IN HAND.

Known as the JOHN BULL when conveyed 23.08.1845, by Samuel Paget and Others to George Morse, Timothy Steward, Peter Finch and Henry Staniforth Patteson.

Given as the CHAMPION in 1865.

Rebuilt 1866 by Steward & Patteson as the CAMBRIDGE.