NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
SHADINGFIELD LODGE Gt. YARMOUTH S index
MARINE PARADE
SOUTH BEACH
- FULL LICENCE -
Gt. YARMOUTH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 18/14/2 (1953 - 1973) & PS 18/14/3 (1973 - 1980)
LACON & Co. Purchased by Lacon & Co 22.05.1952
WHITBREAD  
FREE HOUSE as displayed 1996
Licensees :
HARRY BURGESS
Brewery Representative
1953
CHARLES THOMAS BANHAM 18.08.1953
PETER DOUGLAS WATLING 07.12.1954
JOHN RICHARD MCBRIDE 07.02.1964
RICHARD GEORGE MOORE 31.05.1966
-  
-  
The sign - April 1988
The sign - April 1998

Built 1865 as a `summer villa'.
Used by the Prince Of Wales several times between June 1872 and 1897.
The property of Mr. Cudden, it was sold September 1873 to Mr. S. Nightingale.

Offered a public bar from at least 1953.
(Provisional grant of licence from the AQUARIUM HOTEL finalised 19.08.1952.)

Closed and restored to `Victorian Style' to
reopen 13th October 1999.

Became a Casino in 2000

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

See page 125 of `Gt. Yarmouth Archive Photos'  published 1995.