NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
THREE HERRINGS Gt. YARMOUTH T index
50 SOUTH QUAY NELSON WARD - See UPPER FERRY INN
Gt. YARMOUTH LICENCE REGISTERS Y/CJ/31 - Y/CJ/32 (February 1903 - February 1953)
REYNOLDS as given 1819
PAGET & Co as given 1824
STEWARD & Co Conveyed from Samuel Paget & Others to Morse, Steward, Finch & Patteson 23.08.1845
Licensees :
-
-  
BENJAMIN PILE junior 1819
R NEWBY 1822
ROBERT WILKERSON 1824 - 1830
EZEKIEL SEAMAN 1836
ROBERT WIGG 1839 - 1844
BENJAMIN LACEY 1845
PHILIP WHINCOP 1846
SAMUEL HARRISON
age 31 in 1851
1850 - 1851
JACOB WATERS 1854
Mrs TABITHA WATERS
(Mrs Tablatha Waters 1858)
1856 - 1858
WILLIAM GEDGE
& fisherman
1861 - 1868
WILLIAM BALLS 1869
WILLIAM GIBBS
& fisherman
1871
THOMAS DAVIDSON 1872
THOMAS WHITTLETON 1875
JAMES TITE * 1879
F T HODSON 1881
THOMAS LANE 1883
F EDMONDS 1886
WILLIAM CHARLES HARVEY 1888
ISAAC MARSHALL 1890
WILLIAM CLARKE 1892 - 1896




The original Coat Of Arms for Gt. Yarmouth includes 3 silver herrings.

In 1825, Row 136, leading from the Quay to Gaol Street, was known as the Three Herring Row, Mr. Shelly's Row, Mr. Clarke the Whitesmith's Row, Mr, Farrer, the Bakers Row, Mr. Sewell, the Sailmaker's Row or the New Fountain Tavern Row.

The UPPER FERRY INN from at least 1900.

(Steward , Patteson, Finch & Co appear to have disposed of the premises by 1900)

Apartments now occupy the site.

 

(Robson names the house the THREE HERONS in 1839)