NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
TWO NECKED SWAN Gt. YARMOUTH S index
T index
6 MARKET PLACE St. NICHOLAS  WARD FULL LICENCE CLOSED by 2008
Gt. YARMOUTH LICENCE REGISTERS Y/CJ/31 & Y/CJ/32 (February 1903 - February 1953) & PS 18/14/2&3 (1953 - 1980)
PAGET & Co Conveyed to Morse, Steward, Finch & Patteson 23.08.1845.
STEWARD & PATTESON Sold by S&P 23.08.1897 to Joseph Steele for £2500
JOSEPH STEELE Sold by Joseph Steele to Whitbread September 1897 for £4000.
WHITBREAD 1897 to at least 1903.
MANN, CROSSMAN & PAULIN c1928
STEWARD & PATTESON Purchased 06.10.1932 for £2750.
FREE TRADE ? by 1950's ? (S&P seen painted on walls in 1950's, but Free House on sign by door)
WATNEY MANN  
Licensees :
-
WILLIAM TEMPLE 1819
THOMAS ELLIS junior 1824
ROBERT ELLIS 1830 - 1856
Mrs MARY ANN ELLIS 1861 - 1869
JOHN REYNOLDS 1875
JOHN WOOTTON 1879
CHARLES COOPER 1881 - 1883
R D KENT 1886
CHARLES BALLS 1888 - 1890
ROBERT H. FILBEY 1891 - 1896
C. R. MOULD 1900
JOSHUA COX * 1901
JOHN HENDERSON by 1903
HERBERT WILLIAM CHAPMAN 29.10.1909
ROBERT WILLIAM DOWNES 15.04.1910
JOHN WILLIAM BARKWITH 16.12.1910
FRANK FREDERICK THOMAS 05.03.1912
MINNIE SOPHIA TOOMBS 20.06.1913
LOUISA ANN BARNES 14.11.1913
ARTHUR GODDARD 03.01.1919
HERBERT SMEDLEY 13.09.1927
BERTIE SMEDLEY 08.02.1935
MARJORIE IRENE SMEDLEY 01.07.1941
to 1953
FREDERICK WILLIAM HARRIS 30.06.1953
BRIAN ROBERT STOLWORTHY
(left 13th June 1972)
13.09.1966
COLIN HOWES - Holding `Protection Order '
District Controller of Anglia Taverns,
 a subsidiary of Watney Mann (East Anglia) Ltd.
13.06.1972 
to July 1972
DAVID ADAMS
(appointed manager here 20th July 1972 - Prior to 1972 had been a tenanted house)
20.07.1972
ERNEST EDWARD DAINES 04.04.1974
COLIN ERNEST HOWES 19.12.1975
LESLIE EDWIN CHARLES BARTH 28.01.1976
-  
ROBERT STARBUCK by 2003
-  




c1950

Previously the THREE FLOWERS DE LUCES in 17thC.

Given as the SWAN WITH TWO NECKS 1830 - 1892.

Plans to improve living accommodation approved 12th February 1932.

Damaged by enemy action during WWII, no date given.

Bert Smedley died in 1952, his wife Marjorie retired in 1953.

 

Closed December 2007 and plans announced to convert to a restaurant, due to open May 2008.
However that never materialised and new plans to convert to accommodation announced March 2018.




See p 28 & 31 of ` Gt. Yarmouth In Old Postcards ' Pub. 1994