NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
UPPER FERRY INN Gt. YARMOUTH T - V index
50 SOUTH QUAY
Row 136
NELSON  WARD FULL LICENCE   CLOSED 1942
Gt. YARMOUTH LICENCE REGISTERS Y/CJ/31 & Y/CJ/32 (February 1903 - February 1953 
JOSEPH HOGG Leased to Morgans
MORGANS   
Licensees :
-  
WILLIAM JOHN GOATE 1900 - 1901
WILLIAM BLACKBURN GEDGE by 1903
WILLIAM GEORGE GEDGE 01.02.1908
RICHARD HENRY JOSEPH SHIRLEY 10.07.1934
ROBERT COCKRILL 12.12.1939
HERBERT MINORS 25.08.1942

Building dated from 17thC.
Located on the SW corner of Row 136 facing South Quay.

Formerly the THREE HERRINGS.

Plans to incorporate a cottage at the back of the inn, to give better living accommodation, approved 12th February 1932. This not increasing drinking facilities.

House requisitioned by the War Department 22.12.1942.

Damaged by enemy action during WWII (undated)
Demolished after 1945.

Site now council flats.

 

See p 42 of ` Gt. Yarmouth In Old Photographs ' Pub. 1994

See p 64 of ` Gt. Yarmouth Revisited ' Pub. 1996