NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
WHEATSHEAF Gt. YARMOUTH S index
W index
GEORGE STREET MARKET WARD BEERHOUSE
FULL LICENCE
See KING WILLIAM IV
JAMES ADCOCK Brewer Conveyed 1804 to Paget
PAGET & Co  
Licensees :
-  
ELEANOR ENGLISH 1819
no name given 1822
CHARLES HALLS 1824
WILLIAM CARSEY 1830
-  


Originally the SHOEMAKERS ARMS
then the
SAILORS RETURN
as recorded in 1804 conveyance,
by which time known as the WHEATSHEAF

 

Located on the SE corner of Row 48, George Street to North Quay.

Address as George Street in 1822

The KING WILLIAM IV 1836 - c1865.

Renamed the MITRE STORES by mid 1865

Became FAGINS by 1990