NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
YORK TAVERN Gt. YARMOUTH Y index
128 KING STREET
Corner of YORK ROAD
NELSON  WARD FULL LICENCE CLOSED 1897
LACON & Co From 1853
Licensees :
-
JOHN H FRENCH 1863
CAROLINE HANNAH FRENCH 1865 - 1869
JOHN WOLSEY FRENCH 1871 - 1875
JAMES GARROD 1879
WILLIAM SNOOK 1881 - 1883
T E BUTCHER 1886
JOHN GODBOLD BENNS 1888 - 1890
JOHN HALL 1892 - 1896


The DUNCANS HEAD in 1790.

The DRUM 1800.

The HUMBER KEEL by 1824 to at least 1854.

The site was purchased by Lacon & Co in 1835.
The house was demolished and rebuilt as the YORK TAVERN, which is first mentioned in 1863.

Full licence removed to the IMPERIAL HOTEL at the August 1897 Brewster Sessions as reported in the Norfolk Chronicle of 28.08.1897.
That house was then renamed the YORK HOTEL -
address then 48 King Street. 

Became a cycle shop.