NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
CHESHIRE CHEESE KINGS LYNN Index
8 HIGH STREET
BRIGGATE
SEDGEFORD LANE WARD FULL LICENCE CLOSED c1960
KINGS LYNN PETTY SESSION REGISTERS PS 4/3/1 to 4/3/4 ( August 1872 to 1965 )
- Chevalier Brewery, Church Lane, Kings Lynn. Founded 1840. Laws & Co to 1904. Registered 1913. Closed 1921
Mrs SARAH LAWS of Kings Lynn
FREDERICK JOHN CARPENTER of Docking
ALBERT LOOMBE CARPENTER of Kings Lynn
BULLARDS to closure
Licensees :
-
George Laws & Co
Brewers & tallow chandlers
1845 - 1858
SARAH LAWS
wine merchant
by 1861
RICHARD PULFORD 30.03.1874
ARTHUR STEWART 03.01.1876
JAMES WICKLAM FRANKLIN 11.08.1879
WILLIAM NICOLL 07.01.1884
HERBERT EWART WARDROP 13.10.1884
FREDERICK JOHN CARPENTER by 1891
ALBERT LOOMBE CARPENTER 12.07.1915
FREDERICK CLAUDE JOHN CARPENTER 06.10.1930
ARTHUR GEORGE GREEN 01.01.1934
HORACE GEORGE KING 17.04.1939
JACK LAURENCE SPARKES
Brewery Representative
04.01.1960



Laws & Co announced 16th October 1847 that their respectable, well conducted and convenient Retail Wine and Spirit Vault at 8, High Street was closed.
It would be on the 20th October that the County Magistrates would decide if the Licence was to be renewed, or their business to be taken from them without cause.
The sale of Foreign and British Spirits, Ale, Porter, British Wine and Lemonade, &c Wholesale Trade would continue as usual since the Licence had no control of such business.

As at Purfleet Street in 1901.


Full 6 day licence extended to 7 day from 5th April 1949.

Market Day extension granted 1956

Demolished June 1961