NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
ENGINEERS TAVERN KINGS LYNN index
24 BLACKFRIARS ROAD
corner of COBURG STREET
PARADISE  WARD FULL LICENCE CLOSED by 1959
KINGS LYNN PETTY SESSION REGISTERS PS 4/3/1 to 4/3/4 (August 1872 to 1965)
W & T BAGGE of Kings Lynn
RICHARD BAGGE of Kings Lynn
T. E. BAGGE   
RICHARD LUDWIG BAGGE (Sold to S&P in 1929)
STEWARD & PATTESON    
Licensees :
-
SAMUEL SHEARING
Age 55 in 1861
1854 - 1865
WILLIAM STOKELEY 1868
WILLIAM GREAVES by 1869
THADDEUS JOSEPH SMITH 30.07.1888
 JOSEPH SMITH / SARAH SMITH 1902
Sarah Smith was fined £2 for being open during prohibited hours on Sunday 18th August 1912. Reported in Lynn Advertiser of 30th August 1912.
WALLACE CHARLES BERRILL 03.03.1924
GERALD JOHN LAND 07.07.1924
WILLIAM BOWMAN 11.04.1927
ALBERT ERNEST MASSINGHAM 05.02.1940
AUGUSTUS VALENTINE 04.03.1940
LESLIE VICTOR LOASBY 01.01.1951
LESLIE MEADOWS 04.07.1955
HENRY ALEXANDER CHESSON
(Brewery representative)
02.01.1956

Blackfriars Road was also known as Echo Road and as High Hills.
(The hills were ash tips)

Address given as
Coburg Street 1856 & 1858,
Coburgh Street 1883
as 1 Coburg Street 1890 & 1891

Market Day extension granted 1956.

Licence removed to the CAPTAIN VANCOUVER 13.04.1959.

138 1/8 barrels of beer sold in the final year of trading.

Note that Henry Chesson is given as the licensee at the
Captain Vancouver from 1957