|NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES|
Dated from 1695.
Known as the SPAUD in 1690.
The GOAT in 1695
The BELL in 1741
The BELL & SPADE 1751
( Also found as the SPAUD BONE )
The GOAT by 1776
The BLACK GOAT 1863
Address as 40 Friars Street in 1836, 1863 & 1865.
Recorded as a beerhouse 1863 and 1865.
Reuben Cox was awarded a new ( full?) licence on 21st August 1867.
Referred for Compensation 13.02.1916
Norfolk Compensation Authority confirmed 11th March 1912 that compensation would be paid on 18th March 1912.
Licence extinct 25.03.1912.
15thC window removed to Lynn Museum.