NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
PRINCESS ROYAL KINGS LYNN Index
1 BLACKFRIARS STREET
SOUTH LYNN
PARADISE  WARD FULL LICENCE Renamed COBBLESTONES 2004
KINGS LYNN PETTY SESSION REGISTERS PS 4/3/1 to 4/3/4 ( August 1872 to 1965 )
W & T BAGGE  
RICHARD BAGGE  
T. E. BAGGE  
RICHARD LUDWIG BAGGE  
STEWARD & PATTESON Purchased by S&P in 1929
WATNEY MANN  
Licensees :
-
-  
JOHN TOWNSEND 1845 - 1846
JOHN SKIPPER
age 34 in 1851
1850 - 1854
ABRAHAM HOLMES
( at Princess of Wales 1861 )
by 1856 - 1869
THOMAS WILLIAM BLOMFIELD
& farmer & hay merchant
25.11.1872
EDWIN HARRY GREEN 12.01.1903
SAMUEL FARROW 10.10.1904
MABEL ANNIE FARROW 02.02.1925
WILLIAM THORNLEY 08.07.1935
IVAN EDGAR SMITH 06.07.1953
PETER WILLIAM MARIUS SORENSON 03.02.1958
ERNIE & JOSIE ROPER to 1969
FRANK RONALD BIRD
& Gwendoline Iris Bird
1969 - 1976
RON & AVIS ROWE from 1976
-  
-  
-  



Lynn Advertiser 23rd January 1903
` A large company assembled ( about 40 ) at a dinner to welcome
the new proprietor, Mr E. H. Greene. The chair was taken by Mr J. I. Dennick,
Mr J Williamson was the vice-chair. A toast was drunk to the Town and Port of Kings Lynn
Mr A.F. Foreman replied.
The catering was all that could be desired and several songs were well sung,
Mr G. M. Bruce being at the pianoforte. '
29th March 1993
29.03.1993

Given as the PRINCESS of WALES 1846 and in 1861.


A public weighbridge was included.

In 1883 charges for the weighbridge were:-
Roots, Coal & Gravel etc. at 4d per Ton
Hay at 8d per Ton
Beasts 1/- per head
Pigs & sheep 6d per head.
Bark or Straw 1/- per load

Vehicle weighed for free afterwards.

Also in 1883 it was advertised that Thomas W. Blomfield was the sole proprietor, offering Wholesale & Retail Hay, Corn & Cake :
Hay cut by Steam Power.
Bags supplied.
Agent for Cattle Traffic for the Great Eastern Railway.

Market Day licence granted 1956. This allowed opening on Tuesday afternoons until 4:00pm.
( Normal closing time was generally at least one hour earlier )

Closed 2004

Reopened September 2004 under the name of
COBBLESTONES
featuring a menu including Mexican food and
`Real Ales '