NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
RAILWAY HOTEL KINGS LYNN Index
Railway Tavern
STATION ROAD
BLACKFRIARS ROAD
PARADISE  WARD FULL LICENCE CLOSED after Feb 1967
KINGS LYNN PETTY SESSION REGISTERS PS 4/3/1 to 4/3/4 ( August 1872 to 1965 )
HOGGE & SEPPINGS from 1892
BULLARDS  
WATNEY MANN ? Not found in Watney Mann list of houses 1970.
Licensees :
WILLIAM THOMAS BEAVER 25.07.1892
REUBEN JOHN HARRIS 28.05.1894
HENRY MUNFORD 13.11.1899
GEORGE RADFORD 12.11.1900
ROBERT ARTHUR HOWLENS 09.01.1905
MARY ANN TILSON
( tenant from 02.10.1906 )
08.10.1906
WILLIE MANHOOD DICKERSON 04.01.1915
JOHN HENRY ALLEN 02.10.1922
SAMUEL ARTHUR FULLER 08.10.1928
FRANCIS BARBER 01.03.1943
CORNELIUS PATRICK O'REGAN 01.10.1951
ARTHUR FRIEND 06.10.1952
CHARLES HENRY EDGAR NEWMAN 05.07.1954
ARTHUR JAMES VALENTINE BURTON 03.10.1955
ROBERT CECIL BLAKE 02.03.1959
JOHN WILLIAM DAY after 1965




Located on the North East corner of Portland Street.

Formerly the PORTLAND ARMS to 1892.

Mary Ann Tilson and Thomas Thacker of Littleport Street were summoned before the magistrates according to the Lynn Advertiser of 19th November 1909.
Mary Tilson was accused under the 1853 Betting Act of allowing her premises to be used for betting. Mr Thacker of using those licensed premises for betting.
Following statements from constables and other individuals concerning the passing of betting slips. they were committed for trial at the next quarter session.

The Lynn Advertiser of 4th February 1910 carried a report of the quarter session where both Mary Tilson and Thomas Thacker were found `Not Guilty'.