NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
RED MOUNT TAVERN KINGS LYNN Index
GUANOCK PLACE SOUTHGATE WARD - CLOSED
 
Licensees :
-
MATTHEW GRIGGS * 1854
WILLIAM CLARKE
& greengrocer
1863  - 1865
-  


The Red Mount Chapel was founded in 1638.

It is reported to have been later used :-
`` To shelter Royalty.
For the refreshment of Pilgrims.
As a gunpowder store.
Finally as stables.''

 

Referenced as licensed premises from at least 1854.

Not found 1868


Note : The 1861 census gives a ``Red Mount'' located in the High Street, Trinity Hall Ward
No other reference found.