NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
VALIANT SAILOR KINGS LYNN index
2 NELSON STREET
PRIORY LANE
STONEGATE  WARD FULL LICENCE CLOSED c1924
KINGS LYNN PETTY SESSION REGISTERS PS 4/3/1 to PS 4/3/3 ( August 1872 to 1956 )
W & T BAGGE from 1820
RICHARD BAGGE 1848 to 1885 ( Lease )
THOMAS EDWARD BAGGE Purchased 1885
RICHARD LUDWIG BAGGE to closure 1924
Licensees :
-
-  
WILLIAM WOOD by 1735 - 1764
.
SAMUEL BARRY 1822 - 1830
ROBERT SMITH DUNCANSON 1836 - 1839
WILLIAM LEMON 1841 - 1848
GEORGE WELLS 1850
EDMUND GREEN ( 22 )
and / or
ELIZABETH HOOKS ( 38 )
1851
JOHN OWEN
& master mariner
( Maria Owen appears as victualler in the 1861 & 1871 census )
by 1854
RICHARD HOWES 26.06.1882
JOHN HELMAN HOWARD
( also found as John Hillman Howard )
16.11.1891
WILLIAM FULLER
( went to Heacham Bushel & Strike )
11.04.1904
JAMES DOCKING 11.10.1909
JOHN WILLIAM BELL 10.10.1911
JOHN SMITH 06.04.1914
JOHN WILLIAM BELL 02.10.1916
to closure




Nelson Street was previously known as Lath Street.

A building is known to have been standing on this site in the late 1400's.

Building substantially rebuilt by the mid 1500's.

Possibly an inn from the late 1600's.

Appears in the 1728 Sessions Minutes.

Building offered for sale by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners from c1869. Purchased by Thomas Edward Bagge in 1885.

Referred for Compensation 04.02.1924.
Licence extinct 21.01.1925