NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
VOLUNTEER STORES KINGS LYNN V index N index
R index
1 UNION STREET
NORFOLK STREET
SOUTHGATE WARD FULL LICENCE CLOSED 31.07.1966
KINGS LYNN PETTY SESSION REGISTERS PS 4/3/1 to PS 4/3/3 ( August 1872 to 1956 )
JAMES SNELLING of Kings Lynn
BULLARD & SONS  
WILLIAM NICHOLLS from 1899
RICHARD LUDWIG BAGGE  
STEWARD & PATTESON  
Licensees :
-
JAMES SNELLING
& builder
August 1863  - 1869
JAMES SNELLING by 1872
OLIVER ROWELL 12.08.1878
WALTER GREEN 15.10.1894
JOHN MILLS 17.05.1897
JOHN HENRY REID 31.07.1899
ELIZABETH ADELAIDE REID 09.01.1905
WILFRED CLAYDON DINES 06.10.1924
HENRY DEXTER REED 04.10.1926
CECIL EDWARD TOWNSEND 06.07.1953
ROBERT MASTERSON 06.01.1964
PETER OLIVER LEECH 08.06.1964



NORFOLK RIFLE VOLUNTEER STORES
1846, 1847, 1848 & 1903

The RIFLE CORPS 1865 & 1869.

In spite of the names given in directories in later years, the house was simply called the VOLUNTEER STORES when a new licence was granted at the end of August 1863 to James Snelling. It was said that the building was then "departing from former usage".

VOLUNTEER RIFLE STORE 1864.

Also as LYNN VOLUNTEER STORES.

Offered for sale by auction ( 11th May 1899 ) 
as notice in the Lynn Advertiser of 21st April 1899.

A FULLY LICENSED PUBLIC HOUSE
In central position, with good trade, and immediate possession. Freehold
..... situate in Union Street, Coronation Square, South Lynn,
containing bar, bar parlour, smoke-room, 5 bed-rooms, dressing room, box-room,
bath, 2 kitchens, 2 w.c's, beer cellar, larder, billiard room 24ft x 18ft, twin stall stable
and coach-house, yard and outbuildings, held under lease to
Messieurs Bullard & Son at an annual rental of £70, ending 24th June 1899.
It has a corner position, convenient of access by streets from all parts and in every way suited for the trade.

Sold to Mr W Nicholls for £ 1,400 including
a billiard table and all trade fittings.

 

68 7/8 barrels of beer sold in the final year of trading.

Included access to Coronation Square.

Closed July 1966.
Licence suspended.
Demolished.