NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
WHITE HORSE FOULSHAM to 1883 index
GUESTWICK index
- EYNESFORD HUNDRED BEERHOUSE
Full Licence by 1885?
CLOSED 09.03.1966
Eynesford Licence Registers PS/3/4/1 - PS/3/4/6 ( c1880 - 1975 )
Richard LeStrange Brewer of Norwich 
BULLARD & SON 1883
BULLARD & SONS Ltd 1895 to closure 1966
Licensees :
-  
ROBERT SMITH * 1839 - 1847
VALENTINE NEALE
age 72 in 1851
& farmer
* 1851 - 1865
RICHARD NICHOLLS
age 49 in 1871
1868 - 1875
SAMUEL ANDREWS 1877
JOHN SPRINGALL
& wheelwright
by 1879
Mrs ELIZABETH SPRINGALL widow 21.12.1885
JOHN KENNEDY 10.09.1888
HOWELL SIGGINS / SIGGONS / SIGGENS 30.06.1890
JAMES EGGLETON 21.12.1895
STEPHEN WILKIN 18.12.1905
CHARLES RISEBOROUGH 30.10.1913
NOEL TWIDDY 18.10.1915
MARTHA MAY TWIDDY 17.12.1917
NOEL TWIDDY 19.04.1920 - 1925
WILLIAM GEORGE CHILTON
( Temporary licence to 31.12.1929, then full )
18.10.1926
JOHN ROBERT HUNT 19.10.1931
- closure 1966

Order made 04.09.1882 for removal to new premises on road leading to Railway Station.
Certificate granted for new house 03.09.1883

Transferred into GUESTWICK PARISH
( First directory entry at Guestwick from 1916 Kellys. )

Sold by Bullards 1966
House closed 15th March 1966 according to the Licence Registers.

For sale January 1997 as Barn Owl House.


( In the 1915 Register of Electors Charles Risborough is given at this house, having been previously in Thurning. Arthur Elijah Parish is living at the Old White Horse. The same register records that Steven Wilkin has moved from the White Horse to the Old White Horse. It appears that the original house, vacated for new premises in 1882/3 was still standing in 1915. )