|NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES|
The Inclosure Act of 1807 described seven Private Roads which were to be included
within the parish of Griston.
The Third such road was described as "branching out of the road leading from Griston church to Hingham, near a cottage called the OLD BELL, belonging to Benjjamin Barker, and proceeding to the north-west direction along an ancient lane to cockpit field......etc.,"
The OLD BELL Cottage, Garden and School-room, at Griston, were offered for sale by auction
Saturday 17th July 1858. Then in occupation of Barnard and others and part of
the Griston Hall Estate.......
Nothing yet found to confirm that this was an early public-house but on the list of suspects.