NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BUCK HONINGHAM Index
29 THE STREET FOREHOE HUNDRED FULL LICENCE -
FOREHOE HUNDRED REGISTERS taken 12thSeptember 1794
BULLARDS

  

WATNEY MANN     
BRENT WALKER 03/1988
PUNCH TAVERNS by 2004
ADMIRAL TAVERNS by 2009
Licensees :
-  
ELIZABETH HARRIS (Bell) 1789
JOHN SHORT (Bell) 1790
JOHN SHORT (Buck) 1792 - 1794
-
JAMES YOUNG
age 57 in 1851
& farming 100 acres
1835 - 1870
WILLIAM JOHN GRAND
& farming 66 acres 1871
& farming 67 acres 1881
(Died at the Buck Inn 17.02.1921 - age 90)
1871 - 1921
EDMOND B THORPE 1922
ROBERT GEORGE ALDIS 1925 - 1937
STANLEY DACK by 1944
OLIVER HENRY FISHER (Harry) c1964 - 1966
PETER FREDERICK MELLOR 11.10.1966 - 
June 1987
-
LINDA JOHNSON
& RAY BADHAM
November 2010
SHELLEY COBB &
CHARLOTTE LEVERETT 
November 2012
HENRY WATT June 2015


1944 - Stanley Dack bringing ale
to two USAF personnel and friend.
Honingham Buck - 26.05.1996
1996

Previously called the BELL.

Said to have been renamed after John Buck, a blacksmith who, in October 1792 was apprehended with a tub of illicit gin at his house. Apparently Buck was a Notorious Smuggler and is mentioned in Parson Woodforde's diaries.


Peter Mellor advises that the rent in 1966 was £50.00 per annum.
Following extensive renovations by the brewery in 1968
it rose to £200.00 per annum.

Later Rents....

1972           £320
1975         £1116
1981         £2004
1984         £3700


Thanks to Peter Mellor - September 2005
The Buck - 1966

Images kindly provided by Peter Mellor

Closed September 2014 - re-opened with new owners Lacons, Saturday 6th June 2015.