NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
SWAN INGHAM Index
CHURCH STREET
SWAN ROAD
HAPPING HUNDRED FULL LICENCE -
TUNSTEAD & HAPPING LICENCE REGISTERS 1794 &  PS 11/4/1 to PS 11/4/5 (February 1928 - February 1980)
Coltishall Brewery  
Freehouse Owner William Lack from September 1841.
Steward & Patteson   
Watneys (to closure 1987) Closed JUNE 1987 - Reopened 11.10.1988
Freehouse   
Woodfordes      
Daniel Smith & Gregory Adjemain From May 2013
Licensees :
-  
-  
JAMES FLOWERDEW 1794
-  
THOMAS LACK
& wheelwright
1830 - 1841
WILLIAM WAGG LACK
age 39 in 1851
1845 - 1865
JOHN LACK
& omnibus proprietor 1858
1868 -1888
WILLIAM CUTTING 1890 - 1892
Mrs SARAH CUTTING 1896 -1904
EDWIN JOHN GRAPES 1908
GEORGE BAKER 1912 - 1916
JOSEPH CARVER 1922 - 1925
JOHN WILLIAM STUART 1929 - 1933
EZEKIAL SUMMERS 01.07.1935
THOMAS HENRY BIRD 01.12.1939
JOHN HOUCHEN GUNTON 10.06.1940
HERBERT ALFRED BAKER 30.09.1940
(LENNY) WILLIAM LEONARD BAKER
(To closure June 1987)
(Mr Baker died November 1987)
03.04.1950
TERESA & KEITH FIDDY 1989 - 1991
MICHAELA & IAIN KEMP 07.1991
-  
SANDRA & MALCOLM POTTS 2000
-  
Ingham Swan - c1930
c1930

Lot 7 in sale of Coltishall Brewery estate 21 May 1796
`With stable and small garden there belonging, with all appurtenances - Freehold - pays a free rent to the Manor of Ingham at £0/1/0½d per annum'.

Lot no. 57 in sale by auction 14th to 17th September 1841 of the Coltishall Brewery. Freehold sold to Mr. Lack for the sum of £440.

Steward & Patteson supplied the house as a Free House, first supplied for the year November 1841 to 1842

Lot 1 in the sale of the Estate of the late William Lack, held Tuesday 6th March 1866.
Containing Spacious Tap-room, Parlour, Porter-room, Kitchen, Bar, Large Cellar and Four Bed-rooms. Two Stables, Lock-up Carriage-houses, Hay-loft and several convenient Out-houses. Large Yard and well planted Garden.
" Has been in trade by the late Proprietor and his family before him, for nearly a century."

Woodfordes carried out extensive roof repairs during temporary closure 1999

The SWAN - 1985 - Image by KC.