NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
L LITTLE WALSINGHAM index
   
BLACK LION HOTEL  BOOT / BOAT 
BULL INN  CROWN 
DUKES HEAD  EXCHANGE INN 
NEW INN  KINGS HEAD 
KNIGHTS GATE  MAIDS HEAD 
OXFORD STORES  RAILWAY TAVERN 
ROBIN HOOD  WHITE LION 
  UNLOCATED   

 

In April 1909 the population was given as 867 and the acreage as 988.
There were 7 full licenses and 1 grocers' licence. It was considered that 4 full licenses and one grocers' licence would be ample to provide the wants of this small community.
Houses open at that time were the Black Lion, Bull, Crown, Kings Head, Oxford Stores, Railway Tavern ( High Street ), Robin Hood. ( 7 houses ). However the report goes on to say that it is the licence of the High Street Railway Tavern, NOT that of the Railway Tavern near the station, that should be included with the Crown and Oxford Stores for certain closure. No other record has been found of a second Railway Tavern and the numbers above do not allow for a separate licence. See KINGS HEAD.