NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
THREE HORSE SHOES SCOTTOW index
FAIRSTEAD SOUTH ERPINGHAM HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED
SOUTH ERPINGHAM LICENCE REGISTERS September 1794 & SOUTH ERPINGHAM LICENCE REGISTER PS 2/5/1 & PS 2/5/2 ( 3 Feb 1925 to 1975 )
FREEHOUSE First supplied by S&P for the year November 1846/1847
STEWARD & PATTESON On lease 1933 to 1940 from Representatives of Lady Durrant, Scottow Hall.
Ownership with Adele Constance Alexandrina Shaw by 1942
WATNEY MANN 21.04.1967
BRENT WALKER 03.1988
PUBMASTER    
  PUNCH TAVERNS To 2011
Licensees :
-  
ROBERT SEARLE 1794
-  
STEPHEN KIRK 1836 - 1845
ROBERT BIRD
age 33 in 1851
1846 - 1861
J W CROSS 1865
Mrs ANN CROSS 1869
GEORGE COOPER
& farmer
1871 - 1875
JOSEPH WELLS
& farmer
1877 - 1883
WILLIAM GIBBONS
& farmer
1888 - 1904
ROBERT HARVEY 1908
WILLIAM JAMES TOOKE 1912
Mrs AMELIA TOOKE 1916 - 1926
Mrs AMELIA RIVETT (remarried) 02.02.1926
ROGER TOOKE 13.06.1933
Fine 19.01.1942 of £1, on each of 3 cases of aiding and abetting consumption on licensed premises outside permitted hours.
IVAN J TOOKE 09.09.1952
MICHAEL C RIX
Brewers representative
07.06.1966
DOUGLAS A BOARD 13.09.1966
ANTHONY O HUGHES 09.09.1969
-  
SARAH & MURRAY THEXTON by 2004
Mrs ALICE GODDARD-COOTE &
ROY HUNT
 October 2010
-  





In 1949 licensee Roger Tooke sold off his herd of cattle `Owing to water shortage '.

 


Built 1760

NINE HORSE SHOES 1794

The Annual Ball, held by Robert Bird on Wednesday 30th October 1861 was attended `by a goodly number, as has been usual, though not as many as last year....'

Damaged by Enemy Action 07.07.1942

Closed 1999 to reopen May 2000

09.09.2001
September 2001

Property includes a large barn which was a popular music venue in 1960's and 1970's - Known non-surprisingly as Scottow Barn.

In early 1900's the barn was known as the ODDFELLOWS HALL

norfolkpubs.co.uk
Oddfellows Hall at Scottow Horse Shoes c1920


Plans announced February 2011 to rename the public house from
the ancient THREE HORSE SHOES to the BARN.

CLOSED JUNE 2011.

Plans announced November 2012 to convert to 2 houses.