|NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES
In February 1910 it was reported that there
were 19 fully licensed houses, 7 beer houses, 1 six day house and 3 wine and spirit
off-licences - total 30.
The Good Woman Inn had been closed voluntarily and the Castle Inn
The Borough of Thetford consists of Thetford St. Cuthbert,
Thetford St. Mary and Thetford St. Peter.
Of those parishes Thetford St. Mary is wholly contained within the Shropham
Hundred as are approximately 50 acres of both Thetford St. Cuthbert and Thetford
Records of licensees are only found in the Grimshoe and Thetford registers.
In 1801 there were 2,246 inhabitants in Thetford.
By 1861 there were 4,208.
There were 489 dwellings in 1809 and about 900 by 1867.