NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
SHIP INN TUTTINGTON index
AYLSHAM ROAD SOUTH ERPINGHAM HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED 08.09.1970
SOUTH ERPINGHAM LICENCE REGISTERS September 1794 &  PS 2/5/1 & PS 2/5/2 ( 3 Feb 1925 to 1975 )
COLTISHALL BREWERY For sale 1796 & again 1841
LETHERINGSETT BREWERY Conveyed by Clement Cozens-Hardy to Morgans 12th March 1896
MORGANS to 1961
BULLARDS 01.10.1961
WATNEY MANN 04.04.1967 : Closed by Watney Mann (East Anglia) Ltd 1970
Licensees :
-  
JAMES WEBSTER 1794
-  
WILLIAM WEBSTER 1836 - 1841
ROBERT WILSON 1845 - 1850
EDWARD WILSON (29)
& agricultural labourer
1851
SAMUEL BECK
& farmer 7 acres
1854 - 1869
JOHN RIVETT
( James Rivett given 1890 & 1891 )
1875 - 1900
JOHN HENRY MATTHEWS 1904 - 1922
J H Matthews appeared in court 14th May 1920, upon the information of Police Sergeant George Bussey, for not exhibiting a red light on the rear of a cart at 10:25pm, in contradiction of the 1914 Act.
GORDON CHARLES TABERHAM 1925 to 1933
JOHN HENRY BUGDEN 13.06.1933
ALFRED ERNEST HENRY LEE 01.03.1938
ALBERT VICTOR ........?? 09.10.1945
HORACE  ROADLEY ( Harry ) 11.04.1950
DUDLEY A GRIMBLE 04.12.1956
WILLIAM RICHARD USTER ( Bill ) 10.09.1957
RUSSELL CHARLES PROCTOR 07.10. 1958
to closure





For sale by Coltishall Brewery - Lot No. 4 in auction 21st May 1796
- `With Stable and about an acre, by estimation of exceedingly good land with several thriving young Oak trees planted thereon - Also a double cottage near thereto with a garden and the use of a well. - Freehold.

Again for sale by Coltishall Brewery as
Lot 104 in auction taking place from 14th to 17th September 1841.


For sale by auction Saturday 30th July 1853 upon the executors of the late John Brown of Erpingham.

 

Morgans sales 1960 were - Barrels of beer, 55, spirits 24

 

Licensee Bill Uster originated from Badharsburg in Germany and was a former prisoner of war. He also had a haulage business.

 

Russell Proctor purchased the site and remained in occupation after closure.


Many thanks to Keith R. Proctor for the update 08.08.2003
& to Jonathan Roadley 27.12.2005