NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
RED LION WEST LEXHAM Index
CHURCH ROAD LAUNDITCH HUNDRED FULL LICENCE
(6 Day)
CLOSED c1937
MITFORD & LAUNDITCH LICENCE REGISTER 14.09.1795 & PS 12/5/1 & PS 12/5/2 (1901 - 1975)
EARL OF LEICESTER of Holkham Hall - Leased to Steward & Patteson
Licensees :
CHARLES BRADFIELD 1786 - 1795
-  
-  
DAVID PARLETT 1836
GEORGE MAYES
& cattle dealer
1845 - 1846
THOMAS BAILEY
age 45 in 1851
1851 - 1877
ROBERT J WORTLEY 1879
EDWARD CRESSWELL
& jobbing gardener
1883 to 1904
HARRIETT CRESWELL 12.02.1904
ARTHUR MILLS 14.10.1904
ROBERT YALLOP 10.04.1908
to closure


Advertised for sale June 1786 as a newly erected public house, together with Stable, Collar-maker's Shop, Outhouses and a Pightle of Land of three Roods, in the occupation of Charles Bradfield.
Again for sale by auction 4th December 1786, still in occupation of Mr. Bradfield. Including Stable, Shop, Outhouses and Pightle of Land plus a newly erected Barn and 22 acres of Land

Steward & Patteson advised the Licensing Authorities in a note dated 1936 that they were no longer lessees.

Licence renewal not applied for February 1938.

Licence transferred to a non-specified house in Burnham.