NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
CHERRY TREE WEST LYNN Kings Lynn index
West Lynn index
2 CHURCH ROAD FREEBRIDGE MARSHLAND FULL LICENCE CLOSED 23.09.1963
KINGS LYNN PETTY SESSION REGISTERS PS 4/3/3 & PS 4/3/4 ( Feb 1905 - 1965 )
EYRES to 1878
MORGANS  
STEWARD & PATTESON   
Licensees :
-  
WILLIAM PIKE
beerhouse & gardener
age 60 in 1851
( Died 1854 ? )
1841 - 1854
JAMES PIKE
Market gardener
1856
WILLIAM MANN
Gardener & beer seller
age 61 in 1861
1858 -  1865
HENRY LEE
sheep dresser
1871 - 1877
ROBERT EMBLING
& dealer
1879 - 1896
PHILIP JAGGS 1900
FREDERICK JOHN HOWES 1904
ROBERT DOOR PARNELL 1908 - 1922
Mrs ELLEN PARNELL 1925 - 1929
MONTAGUE MALCOLM BISHOP by 1933
NATHANIEL SUITER 02.01.1939
GEORGE HEYWOOD 12.04.1954
GEORGE LEONARD RAYNER 02.01.1956
SIDNEY BARRETT 14.04.1958

Original house believed to have been what is today Whitehall Farm, a short distance south of the Church Road site. New house probably built after 1853 ( when Estuary cut completed ). It is possible that William Pike was the last licensee at the `old' Cherry Tree.

Offered for sale by auction 6th October 1865.
The property described as:-
`.... with two large newly built Club Rooms, Stable, Cart Shed, Tool-house and Piggery, and Three Acres, more or less, of Orchard Ground, well planted with thriving fruit trees, now in the occupation of William Mann.'

Offered for sale by auction 22nd July 1878.
described as `Close to the Church, facing the Ouse bank.'

Included in the Borough of Kings Lynn under the Norfolk County Review Order 1935.

Morgans sales for 1960 were :-
64 barrels of beer
15 spirits.

Closed September 1963 and licence surrendered according to a letter dated 09.01.1964

51 barrels of beer sold in the final year of trading