NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
FREEBRIDGE INN WEST LYNN Kings Lynn index
West Lynn index
FREEBRIDGE ROAD FREEBRIDGE MARSHLAND FULL LICENCE -
KINGS LYNN PETTY SESSION REGISTERS PS 4/3/3 & PS 4/3/4 ( Feb 1905 - 1965 )
ELIJAH EYRES   
MORGANS   
STEWARD & PATTESON   
WATNEY MANN 1967
Licensees :
WILLIAM MANN 1830
JOHN DAWSON 1836
JOHN HERBERT 1839
WILLIAM REEDER 1845
JOHN DAY 1846
JAMES TANN 1851
WILLIAM MANN 1850 - 1856
JAMES TANN
& horse dealer 1858
& farmer 41 acres -1861 - age 43
45 acres - 1871
1858 - 1879
WATTS TANN 1881
ALFRED FOX
& farmer
1888 - 1916
HORACE KENT by 1922
ALEXANDER CHARLES GOODWIN 01.10.1951
GEORGE VICTOR PARKER 12.04.1954
ALFRED WILLIAM WITTRED 14.04.1958


Shown on Bryant's 1826 map.

Given as the FREEBRIDGE HOTEL 1836, 1845 & 1879

It was reported in the Norfolk Chronicle of 24th March 1862 that publican James TAVIN claimed 6s 2d as an unpaid debt from farmer John Lawson Girdlestone of Terrington St Clement. The 6s being for spirits and the 2d for tobacco. Mrs `Tavin' had appeared to prove the case but `looked unutterable things' when told that the Tippling Act prevented the recovery of the 6s and that only the 2d could be claimed for which immediate payment was demanded by the court.

For Sale by Auction Tuesday, 6th July 1886, including approximately 13 Acres of adjoining Accommodation Land.
Sale upon the instructions of the Trustees of the will of the late E. E. Durrant Esq.

Included in the Borough of Kings Lynn under the Norfolk Review Order of 1935.

Morgans sales for 1960 were :-
86 barrels of beer
47 spirits