NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
KINGS HEAD WRAMPLINGHAM index
MILL ROAD FOREHOE HUNDRED FULL LICENCE
later BEERHOUSE
CLOSED
 
WYMONDHAM BREWERY    Included in sale of Cann & Clarkes Brewery to Morgans 11.05.1894
MORGANS   
Licensees :
-  
BENJAMIN WARD * 1836
-  
JACOB BRIGHTY
& blacksmith
1845
JACOB LEEDER BRIGHTY
& master blacksmith
( Brightey 1861 )
1846 - 1865
ROBERT BROWNE
& blacksmith
1868 - 1883
JOHN R BOWMAN 1888
JOHN CHAPMAN
& blacksmith
1890 - 1896
Not listed 1900
NATHANIEL HAMMOND 1904
WILLIAM NEALE 1908 - 1922
HERBERT RINGER
& market gardener
1925
Not listed 1929
ERNEST COLLINS 1933 - 1937

 

Benjamin Ward was convicted during 1836 of suffering gaming in his Ale-house. Respondents were the Reverend E. Marsham and William Norris Esq.
After evidence from witnesses the Court was unanimously agreed that the conviction could not be supported and had the Magistrates heard the same testimony, they would have reached the same conclusion.  The conviction was quashed but costs were refused.


Appears in Cann & Clarke document dated 26 May 1876

Spirit licence dropped 1894 when ownership changed to Morgans.