NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
WOOLPACK YAXHAM Index
NORWICH ROAD
MATTISHALL ROAD
MITFORD HUNDRED FULL LICENCE CLOSED 22.07.1960
MITFORD REGISTER taken 12th September 1794 & MITFORD & LAUNDITCH LICENCE REGISTER PS 12/5/1 to PS 12/5/2 ( 1901 to 1975)
DEREHAM BREWERY Included in 1828 sale
STEWARD & PATTESON Property of George & John Morse in 1835
Licensees :
-  
WILLIAM WYETT 1794
MARY WYATT 1796
-
DAVID WYETT 1839
ANN WYATT / WYETT 1844 - 1849
CHARLES MEACHEN (age 32)
also as MEACHAM
1850 - * 1851
WILLIAM MILK 1854 - 1856
WILLIAM LANDSELL / LANSDELL
& farmer
1858 - 1863
THOMAS JAMES GREENWOOD 1864 - 1865
JAMES BUNTING
& butcher
1868 - 1872
WILLIAM BASTER WIER 1875 - 1877
EDWARD KING WALPOLE 1879 - 1900
LYDIA WALPOLE 1901 - 1905
WALTER GARNER 24.11.1905
BERTIE PERCY JOHN GOGLE 18.10.1929
WILLIAM HERBERT HANCOCK 09.02.1951 to closure
JOHN LESLIE WHITTAKER 19.08.1960

 


For sale with Immediate Possession as advertised 23rd & 30th October 1779. That ancient and well accustomed Publick House situated near the Mattishall Turnpike, in the Great Road from Shipdham to Norwich, consisting of a good Mansion-house, with Barn and Stable, and about ten Acres, more or less of exceeding good land, Freehold, in four Inclosures, and two Acres Copyhold, near the said house; with very good Orchard and Gardens adjoining.

Shown on Bryants map of 1826.

S&P document covering the years 6 November 1837 to November 1851 describes the house as being owned by George Morse - Part Leasehold & part Copyhold. (To S&P).

38 1/8 barrels sold in year prior to closure.

Closed 22.07.1960 - Licence held by S&P.

Destroyed by fire c1962

Licence not applied for 09.02.1962