NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
ADELPHI NORWICH A index
7 WHITE LION STREET St PETER MANCROFT - CLOSED 16.01.1932
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 & PS 1/8/3 ( 1867 to 1953 )
P. BACK as given 1867
PHILIP EDWARD BACK by 1903
Licensees :
-
WILLIAM CULYER 1855
JOHN BROWNE 1856 - 1859
Mrs MARY C. LAND 1864 - 1865
WILLIAM TOWNSEND BROOME by 1867
ROBERT CROSS 07.05.1873
OWEN WHAYMAN 03.10.1874
SAMUEL FRANCIS PYE 14.10.1875
CHARLES WILLIAM PARKER 07.08.1877
GEORGE GALE 14.03.1878
PHILIP BACK 10.10.1879
PHILIP EDWARD BACK 24.08.1900
PHILIP GLANDFORD BACK 12.02.1929


In June 1855, John Culyer announced that he had taken the Inn and would provide Wines, Spirits, &c. of the best quality. Burton and Bury Ales and London Stout available on the most reasonable terms and supplied to families at the shortest notice.
An Ordinary to be provided on Saturdays at three o'clock.

Offered to let September 1865.
Advertised as the ADELPHIA INN - Apply to Back & Co, Wine Merchants, Haymarket, Norwich.

Licence provisionally refused 11.02.1930 and referred to Compensation.

Closed under Compensation 16.01.1932.

Stood opposite the HAYMARKET STORES

 

Address as 13-15 White Lion Street in 1910
( 15 White Lion Street given as house & shop )