NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
ALEXANDRA NORWICH A index W Index
Alexandra Index
4 St BENEDICTS STREET St GREGORY BEERHOUSE CLOSED 08.12.1934
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 to PS 1/8/3  (1867- 1953)
STEWARD & PATTESON Leasehold to 1903, then purchased
Licensees :
-
- -
Mrs BOARDMAN 1877
JOSHUA WEBSTER 1883
J WEBSTER *1888 - 1892
MARY ANN WEBSTER 23.10.1902
ARTHUR JOSEPH JAMES WEBSTER 06.04.1908
FREDERICK WILLIAM COPLEY 21.06.1932
FRANCIS FREDERICK MALTBY 25.07.1933


Located next to the VINE, at the end of St. Gregory's Alley.
No. 18 in 1888, No 4 from 1900.
(Renumbering due to demolition of a row of cottages fronting St Gregory's Churchyard.)

House purchased by Steward & Patteson 27.10.1903 for £1000.

Known as WEBSTERS ALEHOUSE in 1920's

Licence provisionally refused 06.03.1934 and referred to Compensation.
Closed under Compensation 08.12.1934