NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
ARCADE STORES NORWICH Index
24 ROYAL ARCADE
10 BACK OF THE INNS
St PETER MANCROFT FULL LICENCE CLOSED 14.06.1962
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 - PS 1/8/4 (1867 to 1965)
BULLARD & SONS Ltd from after 1894 ( when the White Rose )
Licensees :
GEORGE WARD 10.05.1898
WILLIAM JOHN ORCHARD 10.05.1900
ERNEST BULLARD 19.03.1901
BENJAMIN FRED BIRD 31.12.1946
GERALD WILLIAM HOEY 07.1947
ARTHUR HERBERT POUNALL 08.05.1956
JOHN WILLIAM PALMER 20.08.1957
PERCY SHEPHEARD
( brewery representative )
19.06.1962


The Royal Arcade opened 25.05.1899, a shopping development designed by architect George Skipper.

The ARCADE STORES was built partially on the site of the
WHITE ROSE and opened by 1899

Displayed signs c1920 saying ``No Ladies admitted ''

Listed in 1937 as `a public house with no sign.'


A dome decorating the roof was burnt off in the ``Great fire '' of November 1940.

Bullards advised the Magistrates by letter dated 21.05.1962 that the house would close 14.06.1962