NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
BEEHIVE NORWICH A index B index
Beehive index
7 St PETERS STREET
UPPER MARKET
St PETER MANCROFT FULL LICENCE CLOSED c1927
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTER PS 1/8/1 TO 1/8/3  (1867 - 1953)
STEWARD as given 1867
ELIZABETH ANTHONY of London by 1877
CHARLES HENRY GRIGSON by 1895
FREDERICK DOWSON of Thorpe Hamlet by 1900
STEWARD & PATTESON by 1911
Licensees :
-
WILLIAM RUDD 1822 to 1834
WILLIAM ANTHONY
age 53 in 1851
from 10.1834
CHARLES HENRY GRIGSON 19.11.1872
GEORGE FISHER 08.05.1900
CLARENCE FRANK SLANN 30.11.1909
JAMES THOMAS McDOWALL 09.05.1911
ARTHUR EDWARD BROWNE 10.10.1911
Convicted 04.09.1917 of allowing consumption out of hours.
Fine £1 or 13 days detention.


As at 13 Upper Market 1836.
As the BEEHIVE WINE & SPIRIT VAULTS 1868.
Known as ANTHONYS WINE & SPIRIT VAULTS
1872, 1893  (& 1920).

Stood on East side of St. Peters Street, at the entrance to Popes Head Yard. Eventually demolished to allow building of the City Hall.

William Rudd informed his Friends, 25th September 1834, that he was about to retire and William Anthony would be taking the Inn.

Licence (and that of the LORD CAMDEN) removed to the
MANOR HOUSE 04.01.1927.