NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
COMPLEAT ANGLER NORWICH C index
120 PRINCE OF WALES ROAD
FOUNDRY BRIDGE
St. PETER PER MOUNTERGATE FULL LICENCE -
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 to PS 1/8/4 (1867 to 1965)
ANGLIA TAVERNS 1974
CHEF & BREWER as displayed 1988
T & J BERNARD (Scottish & Courage) before 1998
SCOTTISH & NEWCASTLE   
SPIRIT PUB Co by 2010
Licensees :
JEAN & TREVOR SOANS 1974
JAN & BERNARD HALL
(managers)
by December 1975
JAN & BERNARD HALL 20.07.1976
.JOHN LEMMON 09.06.1981
.GRAHAM DAVID MITCHELL 08.09.1981
SANDRA VINCENT 30.11.1982
ROBERT SCOTT-PHILIPS 11.01.1983
See  WINDSORS
HOWARD VICTOR SMITH &
RICHARD JOHN O'SULLIVAN
02.1988
HOWARD VICTOR SMITH &
DAVID JOHN DAVIES
14.02.1988
VICTOR LLEWELLYN &
RODERICK JOHN BAILEY
03.04.1990
VICTOR LLEWELLYN 04.06.1991
IAN RONALD WICKHAM 11.04.1995
JASON OLIVER NASH &
NEIL BARTHOLOMY
17.06.1997
NEIL BARTHOLOMY &
SHANE PETER BOGGIS
14.10.1997
STEPHEN LEE DOUGLAS 14.07.1998
-  
VIKKI THATCHER 2009
BEN WOOF August 2013
ANDREW COE by 12.2016

 


February 2002


Originally found as the TOLL HOUSE and later the
RAILWAY TAVERN.
The NORFOLK RAILWAY HOUSE to late 1973.

Reopened as the COMPLEAT ANGLER on 1st March 1974.
Advertised 1974 as an Edwardian style house, following £30,000 restoration. The sign was designed by Mr.Ted Dawson, chief sign artist in Norwich for Anglia Taverns. The image was based on the 1679 etching of Izaac Walton (1594 - 1683).

Became WINDSORS 1984 - 1988
then back to the COMPLEAT ANGLER. 8th February 1988

(A further refurbishment was completed 18.07.2001 at a reported cost of £180,000 and yet another completed by November 2013 at reported cost of £216,000.)