NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
CYGNET NORWICH C index
147 CHURCHILL ROAD POCKTHORPE FULL LICENCE DEMOLISHED MARCH 2006
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTER PS 1/8/2  (21 August 1894 - 1925)
STEWARD & PATTESON  
WATNEY MANN  
NORWICH BREWERY  
.  
PHOENIX INNS  
ROYSAN Ltd to August 2000
Licensees :
JOHN WICKS
(Previously at the Two Necked Swan)
10.10.1898
Convicted 29.09.1908 of permitting drunkenness.
Fine 20/- plus 6/6d costs or 7 days detention.
JOHN WILLIAM MUSK 19.01.1909
WILLIAM WALTER WALE 10.05.1938
ARTHUR GEORGE NASH 28.08.1951
PHILIP PETER CHIPPERFIELD 04.1973
PETER DUNTHORNE 02.1985
-  





Fine brickwork above the main door.
The Cygnet - c1984
c1984

Opened 10.10.1898 following the closure and demolition of the
TWO NECKED SWAN.

Damaged by enemy action 27/29.04.1942

Closed 2004

Future bleak 2005.

Demolished during March 2006


Detail from gable end

  The Norwich Pub Survey of 1986, compiled by the Norwich Society, in association with Norwich City Council, assessed the house:-  
 
Approx date of building Listed Quality Pre-war fittings surviving
External Internal
1900 No 8 5 No
Used to have three rooms, smoke room, lounge and bar.
Now one large bar with the old smoke room as the games room.
Dull pub furniture.
Modern 1940's fireplace.
Decorative stonework over corner entrance and decorative brickwork is of architectural note.