NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
FOUNDRY BRIDGE TAVERN NORWICH Index
69 ROSE LANE St. PETER PERMOUNTERGATE FULL LICENCE CLOSED 05.01.1965
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 - PS 1/8/4 (1867 to 1965)
STEWARD & Co Freehold held by the Trustees of the Great Hospital Charity.
(Leasehold owned by Steward, Patteson, Finch & Co)
STEWARD & PATTESON Leasehold
Licensees :
-  
JOHN EDWARDS 1842 - 1845
JAMES EDWARDS 1846
WILLIAM SMITH RICHES 1850 - 1856
LOVICK  ANSTEAD BROWN 1858 - 1859
AMY WHALLY 1860 - 1864
C. NEWMAN 1865
THOMAS BULLARD by 1867
WILLIAM LeFEVRE 12.04.1881
HARRIET LeFEVRE
widow
06.05.1902
WILLIAM LeFEVRE
son
16.07.1912
ERNEST ALFRED CHITTOCK 05.10.1926
GEORGE HENRY COUSINS 29.12.1936
HERBERT JAMES CUSHION 30.12.1941
CHARLES DENIS VARLEY 07.06.1949
FRANK WILLIAM BADDERLY 21.11.1950
ERNEST FREDERICK NORMAN LUNN 05.01.1965
ARTHUR KENNETH SHEPPARD 16.03.1965


Address as St. Faiths Lane in 1845 and 1869.
Rose Lane in 1850, 1854 & 1890.
Prince of Wales Road 1879.

In spite of Thomas Bullard being licensee of the house from at least 1867 there does not appear to be any connection with the brewers Bullard & Sons for this house.

Damaged by enemy action 27/29.04.1942.

On Saturday 11th September 1943, Herbert James Cushion was fined 10s for black-out offences.

The lease expired 05.01.1965 and Steward & Patteson advised by letter dated 04.12.1964 that the house would close for trading on that date.

Sales in the final year of trading were 155 barrels of beer.

House no. 25 on 1845 Magistrates list