NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
FELLMONGERS ARMS NORWICH F index
90 OAK STREET St. MARTIN AT OAK FULL LICENCE CLOSED 31.05.1967
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 - PS 1/8/4 ( 1867 - 1965 )
YOUNGS & Co  
BULLARDS    
Licensees :
-  
Mrs HILL 1810
-  
WILLIAM PARSLEE 1822
WILLIAM SPRINGALL 1836
THOMAS WILSON
according to Pigot
1839
GEORGE CHURCHYARD
according to Robson
1839
JAMES SADDLER 1842 - 1845
Tuesday 20th November 1844. Found guilty of embezzlement, for having a quantity of stolen silk and yarn in his cellar. He claimed it was oddments he had saved at different times. Fine of £20, in default he was committed for one month.
MICHAEL MURRELL
weaver aged 50 in 1851
* 1850 - 1854
CHRISTOPHER THORNTON 1856
JAMES PLUMMER 1861
WILLIAM CROTCH 1863 - 1864
JOHN WORLEDGE / WOOLLEDGE 29.03.1864
See RAILWAY ARMS 1883 - 1937
HENRY JOHN RALPH      ( from 1923 ) 1937 - 1942
PERCY SHEPHEARD 14.07.1942
HENRY JOHN RALPH 06.10.1942
ROBERT CHARLES HOLMES 22.12.1948
Manager ( un-named ) to closure 1967

 


Address also given as at Talbot Square.

Renamed the RAILWAY ARMS 27.03.1883.

The FELLMONGERS ARMS from 1937.

Destroyed by enemy action 1942.

Business recommenced from a garage at the rear until the house was rebuilt.

Was one of the first Norwich City houses to gain a Sunday night entertainment license.

` Was once the haunt of Norwich Skiffle King, Larry Pye'

Closed 31.05.1967 under Bullards & Sons.

Demolished soon after `for road improvements '.

House no. 360 on 1845 Magistrates list