NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
GUILDHALL STORES NORWICH Index
2 MARKET PLACE
GAOL HILL
St. PETER MANCROFT FULL LICENCE CLOSED 08.12.1934
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 to PS 1/8/3 (1867 - 1953)
STEWARD & Co ** Freehold owned by Steward, Patteson & Steward as described in documents dated 1837 to 1851
FREE TRADE as described 1867 - Freehold owned by the Mayor, Alderman & Citizens of Norwich. **
WILLIAM BOUGHEN by 1872 
WILLIAM LARKE COOKE 1878 
HENRY PERFECT of North Walsham 1887
FREDERICK MILLS 1892
Mrs MARGARET PINN 1898
Licensees :
ROGER MINNS pre 1800
-  
JOHN CATCHPOLE 1810 - 1822
ROBERT COOPER
age 45 in 1841
1830 - 1846
DANIEL CHASTON
age 49 in 1851
*1851
BENJAMIN BRADFIELD 1854
JAMES STRACHEN
according to Craven 1856
1856 - 1859
RICHARD HANKS by 1860
ELIZABETH MORRISON by 1867
WILLIAM BOUGHEN 01.10.1867
JOHN FRIDAY FENN
went to Tivetshall RAILWAY
03.04.1877
OWEN THOMAS STALLWOODE 14.08.1877
JAMES CAIRNS 14.05.1878
WILLIAM LARKE COOKE 18.06.1878
PIDDOCK DAY FREEMAN 25.10.1882
EDWARD MALTBY STAPLETON 20.10.1883
EDWIN MAYSTON 05.11.1887
FREDERICK MILLS 09.08.1892
ELLEN MILLS 28.12.1897
EDITH MARGARET ADELAIDE PINN 09.08.1898
EDWARD PINN 18.06.1901
JOHN DAWSON 23.10.1902
FLORENCE DAWSON 09.02.1926

 


A 6 day licence was held from 1872.

Appears to have amalgamated with the LABOUR IN VAIN 03.04.1877.

The GUILDHALL is given from 1822
The GUILDHALL INN or GUILDHALL TAVERN is listed to 1869.

Address as :-
Gaol Hill 1822,
Upper Market 1830,
Gaol Hill 1836.
As Near the library 1845.
3 Market Place in 1904

Mrs F. Dawson & Son are given in Kelly's 1933 directory.

Licence provisionally refused 07.02.1933 and referred to compensation.
Closed by Compensation 08.12.1934.

House No. 151 on 1845 Magistrates list.