NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
JOLLY SKINNERS NORWICH J index
S index
91 OAK STREET
St. MARTINS
St. MARTIN AT OAK FULL LICENCE CLOSED 1933
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/1 to PS 1/8/3 ( 1867 - 1953 )
SEAMAN & Co Ownership as described in documents dated 1837 to 1851
GRIMMER & Co 1872
LACONS by 1924
Licensees :
-
-  
WILLIAM DYE ( 30 in 1851 )
& fellmonger
* See Flower Pot
* 1846 - 1852
ROBERT NICHOLS 1854
HENRY FARMAN 1856
JOHN PRATT
& butcher
( At the PRINCE OF DENMARK by 1863 )
1858 - 1861
Fined 7s 6d on each of 4 mugs of deficient measure and costs - Saturday 10th July 1861
ABRAHAM WILSON by 1863
FREDERICK NEWMAN 17.03.1868
Convicted 20.08.1872 under section 24.
Fine £1
WALTER FEARNLEY 19.11.1872
MARY FEARNLEY 17.06.1884
FREDERICK BRIGHTEN 27.03.1888
PERCY GEORGE WHINES 24.11.1891
GEORGE JOSEPH FORDER 26.03.1895
EDWARD BRANDISH 10.10.1901
ALBERT HANSELL 26.11.1912
to closure




Location given as `Next to Bath House' when new ( full ) licence issued 31st August 1852.


Also found as the SKINNERS ARMS.
Known as HANSELLS in the late 1920's

Provisional removal of licence to the WINDMILL granted 07.02.1933.
Removal confirmed  07.03.1933