NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
MANOR HOUSE NORWICH M index
Hellesdon
DRAYTON ROAD
MILE CROSS
HELLESDON FULL LICENCE CLOSED 1993
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/3 to PS 1/8/4 (1925 - 1965)
STEWARD & PATTESON Recorded in S&P documents as purchased 17.04.1928 for ``say £6000 ''.
WATNEY MANN  
NORWICH BREWERY  
..   
Licensees :
ARTHUR EDWARD BROWNE 04.01.1927
JAMES COMER 08.02.1927
THOMAS HEAD 05.04.1933
CHARLES PHILIP JEAN 12.10.1937
ALFRED CASTON 09.03.1943
CHARLES RICHARD GIBBS 06.05.1947
ALBERT SIDNEY GODDARD 10.05.1955
REGINALD GEORGE ROSS 28.04.1964
PERCY EDGAR RUSH 06.06.1967
JOYCE & FRED CARTER 21.11.1972
TERENCE ARCHER 27.11.1973
PERCY EDGAR RUSH 11.06.1974
RONALD MICHAEL MORGAN 20.07.1976
PERCY EDGAR RUSH 13.06.1978
ROBERT JAMES KEARN 06.01.1981
ROBERT KEARN &
STANLEY RUSSELL RANDALL
27.07.1982
DAVID MANTON 10.05.1983
MARTIN JOHN LOWRY 27.03.1984
Closed for refurbishment February - March 1984
Reopened as MAXWELLS
DAVID THOMAS MANTON 25.03.1985
DAVID MANTON &
GRAHAM MALCOLM COWLING
14.05.1985
DAVID MANTON &
ANTHONY WILLIAM PAPWORTH
28.11.1985

The Manor House - 1984
1984

First licence issued January 1927.
Licence of the LORD CAMDEN surrendered.

Damaged by enemy action 27/29.04.1942

Renamed MAXWELLS following refurbishment March 1984.
Featuring the Zig Zag Bar and a predominately red interior.

The Manor House / Maxwells - Awaiting demolition 24.04.1994
Awaiting demolition April 1994.

Closed 1993 and demolished at the end of 1995.
Site currently occupied by a supermarket.

  The Norwich Pub Survey of 1986, compiled by the Norwich Society, in association with Norwich City Council, assessed the house:- (Assessed as MAXWELLS)  
 
Approx date of building Listed Quality Pre-war fittings surviving
External Internal
Early 20th C No 3 1 No
Interior modernised to one bar / lounge March 1984.
Modern throughout with emphasis on cocktails and the `American Bar' theme.