NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
MORRISON LODGE THORPE St ANDREW M index
Thorpe
19 HARVEY LANE - FULL LICENCE DEMOLISHED 17.09.2005
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/3 to PS 1/8/4 (1935 - 1965)
STEWARD & PATTESON from 1935 - New licence
WATNEY MANN  
NORWICH BREWERY  
-  
Licensees :
GERALD HARRY FINN
(Brewery representative)
15.10.1935
SAMUEL JOHN FOLKES 11.02.1936
LEONARD CHARLES WALES 09.02.1942
HENRY SAMUEL HIPPERSON
(Florence Hipperson died 06.1995 - age 92)
21.11.1950
ANTHONY CHAPMAN 22.04.1969
EDWARD KENDLE THACKERY
(Brewery representative)
05.01.1971
ROBERT LAW 18.04.1972
HILDA MAY LAW 09.01.1973
GWEN & REGINALD NORMAN FEEK 11.06.1974
ANTHONY WILLIAM MILES 21.11.1978
RODERICK DUNCAN FORBES 18.11.1980
ALAN THOMPSON
& wife MARY
27.11.1984
IAN & NAOMI DICK 26.06.1990
DAMON HARRIS & MAUREEN SMITH 17.03.1992
HENRY LAYAN & MAUREEN SMITH 21.12.1993
RAYMOND & SHIRLEY DELANEY
ex HEATH HOUSE
12.07.1994
COLIN GEORGE NEWMAN 14.07.1998
CLIVE HENRY WILSON 08.09.1998
MARCIA McLARENCE 05.2003 - 2004


 Morrisopn Lodge - January 1997
January 1997

House opened 18.10.1935, with a manager in charge.

Address as 21 Harvey Lane in 1937.

Damaged by enemy action 27/29.04.1942

The display of more than two dozen colourful hanging baskets, tended by Mary and Alan Thompson, won the Norwich Brewery house the best pub award in the August 1988 Norwich in Bloom competition.

2004\\

Site threatened with redevelopment 2004.
Proposal to erect 21 flats published June 2004
Plan revised August 2004 to 15 flats.
Application refused September 2004.
New plans proposing 2 houses and 13 flats submitted December 2004
Plan revised February 2005 to 15 flats.
Plans for 15 flats and 2 houses re-advertised March 2005.

Closed mid 2004
Demolished September 2005.

  The Norwich Pub Survey of 1986, compiled by the Norwich Society, in association with Norwich City Council, assessed the house:-  
 
Approx date of building Listed Quality Pre-war fittings surviving
External Internal
1930 No 4 5 No
Old Snug now converted to kitchen.
Public bar previously two rooms, now one.
Separate lounge bar.
Waist high oak panelling and oak doors.
Stone set in lounge wall bearing pub's name.
Collection of lids from tureens, gravy boats etc. adorn the lounge walls.
Originally a cottage stood on the site.
Reputedly named after a local clergyman who did much for charity.