NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
NORFOLK DUMPLING NORWICH N index
HARFORD MARKET
SOUTH HARFORD
LAKENHAM FULL LICENCE CLOSED
NORWICH LICENCE REGISTERS PS 1/8/4 (1954 to 1965)
MAYOR, ALDERMAN & CITIZENS OF NORWICH  
MORGANS  
-  
NORWICH BREWERY as recorded 1986
FREEHOUSE ?  
Licensees :
GEORGE AINSWORTH 08.03.1960
ROBERT WILLIAM SHIPLEY SMITH 22.11.1960
FREDERICK RICHARD WINGATE HUGHES 21.11.1961
CLIFFORD JEREMIAH BROOM 24.07.1962
Licence surrendered 09.10.1962 - New licence issued
CLIFFORD JEREMIAH BROOM 09.10.1962
TREVOR GRAHAM JOHN BROOM 12.02.1963
-  
-  
-  



Originally (1960) the New Cattle Market Restaurant.

Morgans applied to the Magistrates in a letter dated 29.06.1960 that they wished to change the name of the premises.

Original licence issued with conditions that :-
Premises to close at 6:00pm
No sales to take place when the market open. (!)

Licence surrendered 09.10.1962
New licence subsequently issued with conditions:-
No sales after 8:00pm
No Off sales
No sales EXCEPT when market open

The NORFOLK DUMPLING by 1964 to closure c2006

  The Norwich Pub Survey of 1986, compiled by the Norwich Society, in association with Norwich City Council, assessed the house:-  
 
Approx date of building Listed Quality Pre-war fittings surviving
External Internal
1960's No 2 1 No
Reminiscent of a service station type eatery.
Three bars - Lounge, public and restaurant.
Featureless 1960's "minimalist" style.
Artex ceilings throughout.
Mixture of rough textured walls and painted wooden slats.
Public bars has leatherette benches, refrectory <sic> type tables, large `U' shaped bar with wood panelled front and melamine wood grain stop valance.
Restaurant bar has mixture of carpet and Marley tiled floor.
Velvet curtains, bentwood chairs, wallpaper.