NORFOLK PUBLIC HOUSES norfolkpubs.co.uk
NORFOLK NORWICH GT. YARMOUTH KINGS LYNN NAME SEARCH PUBLICATIONS LINKS MYSTERY HOME
QUEEN CHARLOTTE NORWICH P index
Q index
CROOKS PLACE
CHAPELFIELD
St STEPHEN   CLOSED
 FOYSON to 1833
Licensees :
JAMES SEELEY From August 1783
-  
WILLIAM CHARITY 1830
Mr. ULPH Here August 1833
THOMAS WALKER 1836
-  



In The Norfolk Chronicle of 9th August 1783 Mr Seeley announced that he had opened a house in St Stephens Street by the sign of Queen Charlotte.
Rooms were set up in a genteel Manner for the Reception of Gentlemen and others, and a fresh Stock of neat Wines had been laid in.

 

Part of the estate of brewer Thomas Foyson, who died prior to 15th August 1833. House to be sold by auction September 1833.

Charlotte Yard, St. Stephen, is referenced 1801

House as named 1830

Found as the PRINCESS CHARLOTTE 1833 & 1836.

( Queen Street, New City - 1836. Later became Nicholas Street )